It is our duty to safeguard your privacy. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding personal data.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used
- Principles of data protection
- What rights do you have
- What personal data we collect
- How we use the data
- Who else uses your data?
- How we make your data safe
- Info about cookies
Personal Data - any information regarding your use of the website
Processing - any operation made on personal data.
Subject - a natural person who operates on the website, of age
Principles of data protection
We promise to use the following principles:
- Legality, transparency, justice. We will always consider you before making any operation: we have no intention of selling your data to external entities. This is a culture website and all cookies are required to give you the best possible experience.
- Cookies are limited to the necessary use on the website. They do not contain malicious codes and we have no tracking information on your PC activities.
- The operations made with cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of certain options on navigation.
- We will do our best to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
- To be informed. You have the right to know what is done with your data, what is collected, where it is obtained and by whom it is processed.
- Access your data. You can know everything that is collected from you, including your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected data.
- Rectify incorrect information.
- Delete your data in certain circumstances.
- Apply restrictions where possible.
- Oppose certain data processing decisions.
- Refuse the automatic acceptance of cookies
- Request readable and portable data. It means that your data can be read from any computer and transferred to any terminal.
- Submit a complaint. In case you did not have access to your data, please contact us. If you are not satisfied, you have the right to contact the webmaster.
- Seek help from the supervisory authority if you feel harmed by the use of the data.
- Withdraw your consent at any time.
The data we record
The information you have provided to us
Within the website we will only ask you to provide your email address to register for the weekly newsletter or, if you want to contact us, you will be invited to provide your name and an email. We do not have access to any data, passwords, addresses or anything concerning you. We save your information in an internal database on the website and the data is not resold. Donation data via Paypal are not managed by us, but by Paypal. We record search data on the search bar for statistical purposes and to improve our product offering.
Information provided automatically
This is information automatically recorded by cookies, such as the IP address or advertising preferences. When you use our site, activity from Google Adsense or Nativery, our advertising partners, may be recorded. The print data is not processed by ours
Information from our partners
We share analytics data with our partners to study visitor statistics and improve the quality of our stories. Our partners are: Google Analytics; Diib.
We record the data that you have made public on our site (such as your Facebook username), this is used for the comments system under the articles or to “like” the Facebook likebox.
How we use your data
We use your data for the following reasons:
- Provide you with the browsing experience on the website (for example: the personalized share button or the printing of documents). Thanks to the analysis of statistics and user preferences, we write articles aimed at satisfying the most requested curiosities.
- Provide you with the newsletter
- Marketing profiling with our advertising circuits, which provide the website's only source of income.
We use this data only and exclusively with your consent and for legal purposes.
For legal purposes we mean:
- provide personalized offers
- administer and analyze the base of visitors who visit the site
- conduct any questionnaires to understand user satisfaction or suggestions
If you do not withdraw your consent, we believe that your navigation on the website includes these legitimate uses.
With your consent we use the data for the following purposes:
- profiled advertising
- share counter of the articles
This document explains the legal uses of your data. We reserve the right to make them anonymous and use them completely anonymously. Cookies last from 1 to 6 months.
Any purposes related to the list indicated are interpreted by analogy, such as:
- studying the interests of visitors
- the profiling of visitors by age group
- the provision of commercial services based on the data indicated
We will promptly update the document whenever it is necessary to use the data for different purposes
Who has access to the website data?
We do not share data with anyone except our trusted partners.
- Google (advertising)
- Nativery (advertising)
Our working partners:
- Movery srl
We use partners who guarantee us compliance with a high level of security for your data. For all others, we do not make our databases accessible, as long as it is obviously not a matter of state or supra-state authorities that require access to them in accordance with current regulations.
Security for your data
We do our best to keep you safe. The site uses secure protocols (HTTPS and SSL certificates) and we take care to anonymize any personal information wherever possible. We use two integrated Firewall systems, one from the host and one on the website and two antivirus. Our website is subject to regular daily backups.
While doing our utmost, we obviously cannot guarantee 100% the unassailability of your data. In any case, we promise to notify you as soon as we become aware of hacker attacks or other malicious activity on our website. We will also notify you if there is a danger to your personal data and will do our best to assist you.
We do not collect information from minors. The site is not dedicated to minors but, given the subject matter, it can also safely accommodate visitors under the age of 18. For cookies, the prior consent of the parents is required.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your PC, it is used to make the website work properly. Only we can access cookies through the website software. You can check and delete the cookies on your website at any time.
We use these cookies:
- Necessary: These are essential cookies for the use of the website, such as the login for users and administrators. They do not contain any personal information.
- Functional: they are used to give you functionality of our site, in order to make it more comfortable to navigate. For example, they may remember your name and email in forms to send us an email.
- Analytics: these are the cookies necessary to analyze the performance of our services and users on the website using Google Analytics and similar services.
- Advertising: these are the cookies necessary to display advertisements that are relevant to you or your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times an advertisement will be shown to you: they are located on the website and are managed by our advertising partners with our permission. They can remember that you have visited this website and can also offer profiled advertisements during your future browsing. They are not managed directly by us.
You can remove cookies at any time with your browser. For more info on cookies, take a look at allaboutcookies.org.
Last update: 11 November 2020.